IN MY OWN WORDS….
In many ways, the life of a therapist chose me long before I chose it. As a child, I was always the one asking questions and caring for others’ feelings and hurts. For a while, I did run from being a therapist. It seemed like a role laden with much responsibility. A profession for someone wise.
Little did I realize, being a therapist is some combination of curiosity, education (so you can ask the better questions), empathy, compassion, and artistry. It requires a love for others in a “we are in this together and you are just as worthy of care as anyone else.”
After about ten years of working in the “real world”, I went back to graduate school and gave in to the siren call of serving others in their journey of healing and wholeness.
WHAT I BELIEVE ABOUT THERAPY
COMPASSIONATE UNDERSTANDING, EFFICIENT RESOLUTION
My purpose is to help you develop the ability to think critically about your problems, to solve them on your own terms, and to gain control over your own thinking and behavior. I understand how important it is for us to self-soothe and learn to make ourselves feel better. When you learn how to do this, you’ll have the tools you need to move beyond therapy into a productive life of well-being.
BRIEF AND SOLUTION-FOCUSED THERAPY – THERAPY DOESN’T HAVE TO TAKE LONG
I am intensely empathetic and goal driven. I want to help you make the breakthroughs that will define new life patterns and create personal happiness, in the shortest amount of time necessary. This is why I utilize specific techniques that significantly decrease time in therapy while remaining highly effective.
A PRODUCTIVE SPACE – UNBIASED THERAPY MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Providing an emotionally safe space is critical to the healing process. I am here to act as a knowledgeable and trusted source for advice, providing the insight and coping skills necessary for you to move forward through your issues. Having worked for many years in the corporate world, I know how to communicate effectively and also with dignity. I do not judge or criticize.
THE BIG PICTURE – THERAPY IS ABOUT THE WHOLE PERSON
I believe in holistic therapy that integrates all parts of a person’s life. Often, my clients concentrate only on what they consider “the problem” and do not examine the other areas of their lives that might be contributing to it. By providing a total-life therapy that focuses on personal narrative, I can develop efficient solutions that address both your specific circumstances and needs as well as the bigger picture.
HERE’S WHAT SOMEONE ELSE WROTE ABOUT ME SAYING YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS STUFF…
As a Marriage & Family Therapist, Mineela Chand embodies empathy as she utilizes sophisticated, goal-oriented techniques that produce relief and results.
Possessing a manner that is both compassionate and charismatic, Mineela forms deep and emotional connections with clients as they explore the struggles in their lives. Whether sitting on the floor coloring with children or crying at clients’ stories of pain, she accesses a unique, authentic quality of caring that allows her and her clients to comfortably and effectively resolve the hold-ups and traumas keeping them from their full potential.
With over sixteen years of experience as a Marriage & Family Therapist, including four years working with children, and several more years of schooling and training, Mineela has developed a comprehensive practice that effectively aids individuals, couples and families suffering from depression, anxiety, trauma, and ADHD.
Mineela loves her work. She takes pleasure watching people progress, happily saying “goodbye” to clients as they achieve their goals.
- Over 16 years of experience working with individuals, couples, families, and groups
- 4 years dedicated to children’s mental health
- Comfort in a variety of settings including: children’s mental health, universities, mental health clinics, hospitals, children’s aid, business, churches, private practice, sports, and medicine
- Experienced seminar/workshop developer and presenter in a variety of settings
- Over 2 years EAP (Employee Assistance Program) Consultant at a fortune 50 Company
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- B.Sc. (Psychology) – University of Toronto
- M. Div. (Counseling and Diploma in Spiritual Formation) – Tyndale University and Seminary
- LMFT (Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist) – PA State License #000582
- AAMFT (American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy) – Clinical Member (#99266)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) – Level 2 Trained (EMDR Institute, Inc.); Advanced Training
- MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) – Certified
DID YOU REALLY READ THIS FAR?!
What are you waiting for? 😉